Anti-Aging LLC is excited to introduce Cryoclear® Pen Treatments: the latest and most advanced cryotherapy treatment available to Phoenix, AZ patients.
So, what does it do? It treats age spots, sun spots, moles, warts and skin tags quickly and with dramatic results.
Not sure if this is the right treatment for you?
We’ll cover exactly how this cutting-edge treatment works, the dramatic results you can expect and the treatment process. But first, let’s take a quick look at the science behind cryotherapy.
Curing through cold: the science behind cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is an age-old form of therapy that refers to the use of very low temperatures for medical and healing purposes.
While cold has been used throughout history to relieve pain and relax muscles, more advanced forms of cryotherapy use extremely low temperatures to destroy abnormal, diseased or unsightly tissue.
And this is exactly what our CryoClear® pen treatments are designed to do: destroy stubborn and unattractive superficial tissue on the face, neck and hands.
But how is the CryoClear® Pen different from other treatments?
Compared to similar cosmetic options, CryoClear® Pen treatments offer:
- Less damage to healthy tissue
- Only one treatment needed for dramatic results
- Little to no pain during and after the treatment
- Reduced treatment time– patients can expect their affected areas to be treated in a matter of seconds!
- 95% efficacy rate– the pen-shaped device freezes only the epidermal layer for safe and very effective treatment
- Less chance of scarring, blistering or hypopigmentation
What can I expect during and after treatment?
- During treatment, Dr. Melanie Icard will carefully inspect and mark the area needing treatment. Then, she’ll place the pen-shaped device directly over the area.
- The CryoClear® pen sprays very cold nitrous oxide onto the skin, which freezes at -79 degrees Celsius (-110 degrees F).
- The solution immediately freezes and destroys tissue cells at a depth of up to 2 millimeters.
- After just 5 to 25 seconds, the treatment session is over. Most patients only need a single treatment to achieve their desired results.
- First 24 hours: Expect some inflammation as well as visible redness in the area.
- 1 to 4 days after treatment: The area will darken as the tissue becomes damaged and begins dying.
- 5 to 10 days after treatment: The darkened tissue will start peeling or exfoliating. Try to avoid touching or scratching the area.
- 10 to 14 days after treatment: The area begins to grow healthy, new pink tissue as the last stage of the healing process.
Will it hurt?
In most cases, patients report very little to no discomfort during the procedure. They’ve described the sensation as having a ball-point pen pushing against the affected area.
After treatment, patients may develop temporary blisters, inflammation or irritation on the area but these side effects usually disappear after the first 24 hours.
How much does it cost?
The price for one treatment is completely dependent on the location and size of the affected area.
Want more information? Chat with your Phoenix naturopathic doctor
The first step to getting the clear, smooth skin you want and deserve starts with a free 15-minute one-on-one consultation with Dr. Melanie Icard.
We’re excited to give you another new, safe and effective treatment option that enhances your natural beauty.
Just contact us today to get started or call our office directly at (480) 599-8370.
Learn more about our cosmetic services here.